Ideas for your fundraising and community projects.
Fundraising and Community Projects
In addition to our main Presidential charity which most Clubs try to support, many of our Tangent Clubs support local fundraising initiatives and community projects because women will always need good friends and want the opportunity to support good causes through fundraising and service. Each Tangent Club can choose who and what they support and this can be the same every year or different and they may even choose to support different causes in the same year.
There are lots of examples where fundraising happens and here are a few:
- Breast Cancer fundraising events in October
- Organising a raffle at regular get togethers
- Collaborating with Round Table Family friends with Santa and his sleigh or grotto
- Helping organise tin collections or bonfire nights
- Charity Balls and other events
- Sponsored walks, runs, cycles etc
- Macmillan Cancer coffee mornings and charity bakes
- Volunteering at Race or Relay for Life or with local charities
- Selling spare tomato plants with the money going in the charity pot
And here are some examples of community projects:
- Making masks, scrubs and blankets for local NHS and community workers
- Making afternoon tea for residents in a local care home
- Volunteering with a local charity sorting donations
- Volunteering for a local women's refuge or charity to do admin work (shredding, printing, filing...)
- Crafting and/or making Christmas presents for local projects
Check out the News & Gallery section for photos and more detailed examples.
The support for good causes can be big or small, the only limit is your imagination.